Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dinner?

Creamy Artichoke Soup?

For dinner tonight I decided to make soup! I love Artichokes, so why not try out this recipe? It is simple, and doesn't take anytime at all...

These are the ingredients that you will need..
2 tb extra virgin olive oil
2 Leeks
1 garlic clove minced
1 small potato peeled and chopped
1 package of artichoke hearts (frozen)
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup macarpone cheese

First heat oil, add leeks and garlic, stir.
Add potatoes, and cook for about 5 minutes.Add the artichokes, stock, salt, and pepper, cook until the veggies are tender.. About 20 minutes.

Blend all ingredients in a blender, add the mascarpone cheese. Blend more.

Next ladel into bowl, and add a blob on more Mascarpone cheese.

The soup turned out yummy! I think next time I make it I will add more seasonings.. and maybe some onion, and more pepper!

Oh and I also made some bread sticks, I bought store bought rolled up bread stick, twisted them, added Parmesan cheese, and sprinkled red pepper flakes...
These are yummy too!

No comments: