Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Broke Christmas



That is a picture of my Christmas tree... Yes my christmas tree... You have to watch out for that tree... It just soaks up the water! And those pine needles.. They are a hazard... I had to vacuum all the time!

Christmas this year didn't seem like Christmas... I was hoping to get a Christmas tree, but it is hard being single, and on your own.. It isn't like I can load a tree by myself, not to mention get it all set up on my own... Oh well... Next year will be better! I will make some one come with me to get a tree!

I spent Christmas Eve kinda sad at first because I didn't have anyone to spend it with... I went over to my real Dad house, since this year he was going over to a friends house to spend Christmas and get drunk. Nice. Oh well.. It made me have one less stop on Christmas. I got Mellina a pet egg thingy, Dad slippers, and Mac a bath toy. I didn't stay long... the roads were bad.

I went home and decided that I was going to start my own Christmas Eve tradition. My new tradition is now to be, breakfast for dinner, then watching Polar Express, the movie, and drinking home made coco.

The best home made hot coco recipe:

Equal amount of milk to whipping cream, add salt, and sugar (about a quarter cup to every cup, cup and half). Heat on the stove top, do not let boil. When it gets hot enough, for you or starts to steam add chocolate (chopped), about 4 oz for every cup. I like to use a mixture of semi sweet chocolate, and white chocolate. It gives it an extra creamy taste!

I woke up on Christmas to texts and calls wishing me a Merry Christmas... Being the odd ball that I am I tell everyone Happy Christmas... Ashlee told me she is American and there for wished me a Merry Christmas!

Breanna came down, and we cooked breakfast, then went to Johns house and hung out there, then we went to Heather's Mother in law house and ate ham.. Yes, I ate ham and played Wii. I have Maddy a Tinker Bell dress up outfit, Heather a couple signs that she can hang up at her house, they say Angles Gather Here and Warm Winter Wishes, Justin got a Sea Hawks chair.. Which he absolutly loved! Breanna got a Mickey Tie Blanket.. Her old Mickey Blanket had seen better days... Ashley got a Cook Book. Thankfully everyone liked there presents.. Justin gave me a great complement, asking me where do I get my ideas for gifts because I got everyone a great gift that they needed/really liked...

Well this year, I had to think really hard as to what to get anyone... I didn't have a lot of money, but everyone really enjoyed everything.. So for that I am thankful!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Your tree is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! ;)

Irish Girl said...

I LOVE your Christmas tradition. Next year when its just me, I'm gonna get drunk as a skunk and watch Christmas Vacation!!! Party on!!